Fluence Bioengineering, Inc. (Fluence) creates powerful and energy-efficient LED lighting solutions for commercial crop production and research applications. Since the company’s earliest days, its mission has been to improve the interaction between light and life to yield a healthier and more sustainable world. Ask anyone at the company: Fluence doesn’t just manufacture lights. Fluence delivers state-of-the-art, science-backed lighting solutions and facility design best practices backed by an impressive pedigree of cultivation expertise.Continue reading “Fluence Bioengineering is silver sponsor of the Vertical Farming Conference”
- Something is broken in the way we produce and consume our food
- Our demand for cheaper and more plentiful food is unsustainable and our addiction to meat is literally costing the earth
- Malnutrition and food inequality remains unacceptable with over 20% of global non communicable disease now attributed to poor diets – worse than smoking.
- We can no longer separate the impacts of our dietary choices on their impacts on the health of our bodies and of the planet as well.
- We need healthy new proteins with a low environmental impact as an important tool to help address a sustainable food future.
- We need scientific underpinning to create a strong evidence and proof points for change that will help to change behaviour and remove consumer uncertainty. The Quorn story is a good example of what has to be done and, importantly, what continues to be done
Agri-Food Innovation Event welcomes Phenospex as Bronze Partner.
Phenospex develops unique multispectral 3D scanners to assess crops in
high detail. Our products automates phenotyping processes in plant
science, breeding and agriculture.
PlantEye provides many plant parameters like plant growth, biomass or health and is used in smart farming robotics as the “eye” that detects and analyzes plants.