Victor Canton Ferrer will speak about benefits and challenges of using robotics in Vertical Farms combined with Computer Vision and Artificial IntelligenceContinue reading “Robotics in Vertical Farming”
Despite the fast progress of delivering specific meaty cooking cues in today’s modern plant-based meat analogues, authentic beefy, chicken or pork sensorial experiences are still missing. This is due to different challenges facing both the flavor and the food industry alike; first (i) the overwhelmingly intrinsic off flavor profile coming from textured plant proteins used, then (ii) the flavor-scavenging feature of the plant proteins and meat analogues other ingredients they suck up the flavors like a sponge sucks up water, which leads to unbalanced flavor performance and weaker and inconsistent flavor stability and finally (iii) the lack of authentic vegan and natural meaty flavors that would create the genuine characterizing meat sensory experience.Continue reading “Plant-based meat analogues: The taste challenges and prospects”
Investors are constantly looking out for innovation within the alternative protein industry, including plant-based and cell-based technology. Big Idea Ventures (BIV) supports the world’s best entrepreneurs, scientists, and engineers. We have invested more than 40 companies in the alternative protein sector and will be highlighting several technologies that are established by our portfolio companies.Continue reading “The shift towards alternative protein, an investor’s perspective”
The path to commercializing cultivated meat. The main challenges and barriers in transforming cultivated meat products from a premium limited product to a global phenomenon.
A presentation by Ido Savir, CEO, SuperMeat.Continue reading “Commercializing Cultivated Meat”
- Something is broken in the way we produce and consume our food
- Our demand for cheaper and more plentiful food is unsustainable and our addiction to meat is literally costing the earth
- Malnutrition and food inequality remains unacceptable with over 20% of global non communicable disease now attributed to poor diets – worse than smoking.
- We can no longer separate the impacts of our dietary choices on their impacts on the health of our bodies and of the planet as well.
- We need healthy new proteins with a low environmental impact as an important tool to help address a sustainable food future.
- We need scientific underpinning to create a strong evidence and proof points for change that will help to change behaviour and remove consumer uncertainty. The Quorn story is a good example of what has to be done and, importantly, what continues to be done
according to Kjeld van Bommel, Senior Researcher at TNO during his interview for JakajimaTV hosted by Pieter Hermans. TNO has been active in the area of 3D Food and 3D Pharma Printing since 2011. Based on its combined knowledge and expertise on 3D printing as well as food and pharma, TNO has been able to help organisations to develop exciting new products and services.Continue reading “Food and Pharma get personalized with 3D Printing! (VIDEO)”
Another JakajimaTV talk with Maarten VandeCruys, Founder / CTO of Urban Crop solutions.
Vertical / Indoor farming has been around for a while now and organisations of different sizes have implemented this technology as part of their supply chain.
- But which size of farm actually makes most financial sense?
- What level of automation should be chosen?
- Where do robotics come in?